Tuesday 24 October 2017

A Week in Whitby

Last week between Monday and Friday I visited Whitby with a group of like-minded people, staying at Sneaton Castle, stitching part of the day and exploring the town and abbey too.
I set myself a challenge of hand making a felt rabbit for a baby due in the New Year. I was surprised by the result and managed to keep calm with this small item after a few minor hiccups around the head.
As the baby is a boy I will make some clothes for Alfie the rabbit.


I also began the top of this quilt made from a Lewis and Irene charm pack I bought at the Quilt Show in September.  Since returning home I have finished joining all the strips together and found a suitable length of fabric in my stash for the back.  Hope to get it all together later this week.  The stash is gradually reducing, hurrah!!! But I must not buy any more fabric.




No comments:

Post a Comment