Sunday 28 May 2017

Mandy Pattullo Workshop

Last weekend I travelled to Garstang to do Enchanted Woodland Animals with Mandy through Creative Thread.  We had a full day working through the techniques Mandy uses to create her animals.  Starting with a basic outline then building up coloured and patterned fabrics to shade the creature.  I chose a squirrel using my favorite orange and red colours, finishing off with green foliage on my return home.
Mandy supplied the old quilt as background.
I stayed a a very nice b&b called Middle Holly Cottage at Middle Holly a couple of miles from Garstang, I recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area. Run by a lovely welcoming couple with home made bread and biscuits, local honey and a delicious breakfast, my room was very comfortable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment